Saturday, April 4, 2009

I hate the Kansas wind.

The wonderful Kansas wind was horrific today. That is really an understatement. It started this morning and is still going strong. Not only are my eyes full of dirt, but I was almost blown away this morning. I went to pick up the youngest cowgirl from a sleepover and she was actually blown down. I thought it was a little funny but her on the other hand didn't think so.
We decided it was a lost cause to do anything productive outside today so, we were in playing the Wii and watching movies. When our horse boarder came to the door to tell my hubby that the door to his building was about to be blown off. When he and I get out there yep it is off it's hinges and about to fall down. The only thing we could do at the time was to help it all the way to the ground. We didn't want it to blow over at the wrong time and someone get hurt.


We also have a new skylight in the same building that we now have only one door too. The problem is I wonder who is going to climb up there to fix the damage.



Then there is the loafing shed that already took a beating last weekend from the heavy snow. The roof was partially caved in from the weight of the snow sitting on it. We had closed the gate so the horses coulnd't get in there and get hurt. The wind today finished the roof off.




Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

3 friends say:

Pony Girl said...

Wow, that is some wind! Sounds like a good day to stay inside! What a bummer that it did some damage. At least nobody was hurt. Have you revealed the big secret you and your sister-in-law are working on?

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the wind... I could grow a garden in my window sills.

Christy said...

I'm trying to figure out if I knew you live in Kansas or not. I'm from Northeast Kansas. (North of Topeka). I'm living in Germany right now though! Kansas girl traveling the world...who'd have thought! ;)