Thursday, November 20, 2008

My little cowboy is 8!!!!!

My little man turned 8 on Wednesday. I can't beleive he is getting big. It really seems like he was just a baby. I guess it is a good thing that I have him talked into living with me for the rest of his life. He is such a happy child always smiling and giggling.
Well he has wanted a newer saddle for some time now. Well guess what he got for his birthday. Give up, well he got a new to him saddle. It kinda sounds bad that we got him a used birthday present but, those of you that have saddles know how expensive they are and how it is a pain in the you know what to break in a new one. He could have cared less that it was used. He was just so excited to have one that is his very own, the last one he "shared" with his little sister.



We even got to ride on his birthday, which was odd cause it is November in Kansas. The weather shouldn't have been so nice but, it was awesome. He rode and then tried to rope off his horse, that still needs some practice. It is probably hard to practice when no one will stand still for ya. He tried to rode one of my yearlings ( I found out after the fact or it wouldn't have happened) He says he got her ear then she freaked out. Gesh I wonder why.

Then we had what he wanted for dinner. I told him I would make him anything, and I mean anything he wanted for dinner. Well he chose chicken nuggets and macaroni cheese. I was a good mom and made him a chocolate cake. He is having a birthday party on Sunday with the family and friends.



It was a good day and I hope he had an awesome birthday even though we aren't done celebrating it.

post signature

3 friends say:

Davisix said...

Oh my gosh...a used saddle...that's my dream present! adn I mean that with no sarcasm at all. New saddles are awful...used saddles ROCK! :) I hope he had the best birthday EVER!

edie said...

Jen,
Happy Birthday to your little 'man'.....hope it was wonderful!

Mc Allen said...

aww, thats so cute that he just wanted ckn nuggets and mac n cheese!!! sounds just like my lil P! What a precious post!! :) LA