Saturday, April 11, 2009

Country life.

Hubby has been out of town since Wednesday night which means kids and I are on our own. We get to eat whatever we want for dinner, watch whatever we want and be as noisy as we choice to be. It also means that we get to take care of all the animals and the daily chores here. I don't mind at all, hubby deserves some time away once in a while.
The children wanted to spend the night with grandma and papa on Thursday cause they didn't have school on Friday. So, I drove them to the half way point to drop the off with gma and papa, stopped and got me Chinese food, and headed for home. When I got here there was a possum playing dead in the side yard. Except his eyes were open, every other time I have seen them like that their eyes are closed. So, I worried that it might be rabid or something called hubby and got told not to worry about it, it would be gone in the morning like usual. OK, so off on the normal routine. Got up Friday morning and leave for work now the thing is in the front yard. Again I ignore it and go to work. Get home from work, yep still there. Call hubby again to inquire how long they can play dead? I am told that if it is still there it isn't playing any more. I asked him to please drive the 13 hours home and take care of it. He laughs and says little cowboy will be home later and he can handle it. Well by the time I got the kids picked up Friday night and headed for home it was dark and late. On Sat morning Little cowboy gets up and I ask him to do a huge favor for me. Thinking that he would just go get the shovel and haul it off. I should have known better. He just puts gloves on and out he goes, pjs and all.










He is such my little lifesaver. And no I an not that big of a baby that I can't haul off the stuff my self. I just don't like possums cause what if it really wasn't dead. I know what a great mom I am huh??

10 friends say:

Stephy said...

Oh my goodness, That's really gross, I know who to call if I need anything yucky done! My nephew to the rescue!! Tell him Aunt RawRaw is proud of him.

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Train Wreck said...

Ewwww! I am so glad we don't have those little varmits here! What a brave boy!! Hey I just figured out who you are in cahoots with! he he good for you two! I am excited for you. Oh and I knew I had seen your photo somwhere before? You two are posed the same!! Hey it doesn't take alot to confuse me!! he he

The Blonde Duck said...

I popped in from City girl turned Country Girl's blog to say hi!

Midlife Mom said...

Don't blame you for not wanting to touch that dead thing!! Yuck! We have them here but I have never seen one in my yard YET!

Paula said...

That is hilarious!! Thank you, Lord for brave boys! They grow up to be brave me!

Carolyne said...

So funny!

kdwhorses said...

LOL! Glad he was taken care of!

Playing dead~well I'm sure we could take care of that and make sure he is dead! LOL!

It's great to have country kids!

Rachel said...

Sorry... was it bad that I was totally giggling at those pictures? He's a brave little cowboy alright! :)

What a sweetie to help his mom out like that too!

The Urban Cowboy said...

That's too funny! See, us cowboys are good for some stuff.