Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oldest Cowgirl.

Last week at the rodeo she chose to not compete because all though she likes riding horses we like to go slow.  No fast movements and if the horse acts like it is going to do more that walk we are getting off and are done for the evening.  The excuse is usually because her stomach now hurts.  We have never shoved her into riding just maybe pushed a little.  But she did take almost 2 years of riding lessons so it's not as if we threw her on a horse and told her to figure it out.   Anyways  after last weeks rodeo being bored in the stands while her brother, cousin and friends all rode around she changed her mind.    Plus seeing that not all the kids are pushing there horses to run was a big help.  So I made a deal with her.  All she really wanted was for me to haul a horse to the rodeo for her to ride  around on, not compete.  I told her that if she did one event I would haul a horse for her then she could spend the whole evening riding around with friends.  She agreed.  The only problem is what horse.  I didn't  want to saddle and unsaddle little cowboys horse and my just recently broke and not injured mare wouldn't work. Everything else we have is either too young or has a baby by it's side.  Nana and Papa  offered to let her  their  horse, Dandy.     So she practiced twice this last week on him.  The first night didn't go so good she couldn't get in the grove with him.  Then on the second practice she did really well.  Her aunt offered to let cowgirl ride in her saddle.  Cowgirl says mine is too uncomfortable.  

So we hauled her and Dandy to the rodeo.  Pictures and how well she did to come as soon as I get the pictures up.

Country Girl Living

 

She is the one on the bigger horse.  Papa missed the picture of her actually running but here is proof that she was on the horse at the rodeo.

4 friends say:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the pics!! Way to encourage her without pushing too har, but still giving a little pressure. Great job!!

spanki said...

tell you what... you teach us how to rodeo, and i will decorate your home!! what an awesome life... one day....

Pony Girl said...

That is great oldest cowgirl is showing more of an interest in riding at the rodeo. I bet you are proud of her! I imagine it is hard to sit on the bleacher and watch all of the friends have a great time. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Good for OC, confidence will come with time. It is good to take it as slow as she is comfortable with.
When she can have fun, then the working at it will not be so bad.
happy horsin' around!


hehehe.. I finally have a dayoff and I am making my way backward thru my favorite blogs. Doing some catch up.
I may not comment all the time, but I am definitely enjoying reading ya.