Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthdays!!

Okay sorry once again I have been gone but, the beginning of July is always busy for us. Starts on the 7Th with cowboys brothers b-day, the on the 8Th its his dad's, the on the 9Th is Cowboys b-day. The the next week on the 13Th is Cowboy's mom's b-day and on the 14Th is our nephews b-day. So we have at least a week of partying celebrating every ones birthdays.
Cowboy turned 30 this year and since I have 2 more years to go I can tease him about getting old. We both took the day off of work to go do what I thought was going to be a day of having fun. Instead he went to see the doctor, had a job interview, went to see the bone crusher a.k.a the chiropractor, and then we had a family dinner out at one of his favorite restaurants. We had fun spending time with all of the family.
Then on the 11Th and 12Th we had 2 more rodeos. The kids did awesome Friday night. They didn't do too bad Saturday but the horses were acting up I think they were tired and ready to go home. So, we have been running, running, running for at least a week now. This coming Friday is the Finals at the rodeo then, we get a break for a while. I am ready for the break this getting home and 1 and 2 in the morning every Friday is wearing me down.
Then on Saturday we are heading for my Grandmas. I haven't been to see my grandma since back in December when my Papa passed away. I keep going back and forth , I am dying to see my g-ma and the rest of the family but, the house is not going to be the same with out papa there. Everytime I think about the fact that I have to face that he isn't going to be there I want to bust out in tears.
Now all the fun stuff come. I have to have everthing ready for the rodeo for Friday and be packed to leave for grandma at the crack of dawn on sat. I guess I better get to work.

2 friends say:

spanki said...

well, my husband and i just turned 30 to, let me tell you now, it all goes down hill from here! but, they say 30 is the new 20? i just didn't know so many 20yr olds had droopy butts and jiggly arms! i know what you mean about going to your grandma's house, it will be hard, but she needs to see you there in it, it will help her too. but, who am i to talk, my dad passed away 2 1/2 yrs ago, and i still haven't been to his house! i've had my husband go, but i haven't! it's all about timing, and only you know when you are ready! good luck!

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Wow.. busy busy... I remember when there was no stopping and no time for oneself. When my 6 kids were 10 years and under ( and I was not yet 30) I had soooo much energy. I would love that energy back!
Now that I have 2 little foster boys ages 2 and 4 (with another 2 possibly coming that are 2 and 3 years old) I found that they give me energy again.

The job interview for your hubby, is this something he is really wanting? I hope it turns out the way it is suppose to.

take care and
Happy Horsin’ Around from
www.anunfinishedproject.com

PS, as you can see I am working my way backward thru your posts, doing catch up. *Smiles*